Julie, owner and winner of numerous statewide cake decorating awards and several times published in a national magazine, will personally decorate your wedding cake to your individual specifications. Julie started Sweet Street in 1984 and moved the bakery to New Glarus in 1997. Serving Wholesale and Dane County Farmers Market, we are located 2 miles north of New Glarus off of Hwy 69.
- a Fine Arts Degree from UW-Madison
- taught cake decorating at Madison Area Technical College, culinary classes and numerous demonstrations
- taken classes in fondant, cake sculpture and cocoa painting from world renowned cake decorators
- unique creations and designs
- intricately detailed or beautifully simple work - whichever you prefer
- a state licensed and inspected home bakery specializing in cakes
- member of International Cake Exploration Society and previous board member of WI Bakers Assoc.
- Won 1st place in the State of WI for our Fudgey Sour Cherry Cake in the cake category at a confections cooking contest, recognized by Gov. Tommy Thompson.
- Completed a masters of cake decoration course in Australian Fondant methods, gum paste, tulle & floodwork from the McCalls School of Cake Decoration Inc. based in Canada.
- Won 1st place at the Madison Food and Wine show in cupcakes.